Advice for Changing Accountants in Leicester
Changing Accountants is easier than most people realise and it is a simple 3 step process, simply:
- Provide us with your previous accountant’s name and address
- We make a formal request for clearance and historic records and accounting information
- Your records are received and our agent details are registered with the relevant authorities
There are some signs that your relationship with your accountant has run its course, these are can be identified as follows:
- Your accountants have missed deadlines and cost you penalties
- You feel your accountant is too busy for you
- The service is different to what was initially agreed
- Lack of communication or information over potential improvements and tax savings
- You feel you are paying too much and not getting value for money
- An annual increase in fees with no change in service
The biggest barriers to changing accountants are psychological barriers which are usually fuelled by the following misconceptions:
- A change in an accountant will lead to higher taxes
- Your accountant knows your history and therefore is best placed to advise you
- Confidentiality may be compromised
- You can only change accountants after a year-end
Changing accountants to Gower Accountancy will bring fresh eyes to your affairs, we will take the time to understand your business and requirements and offer you a package that is designed around you and your business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn How it Works!
We understand that accountancy and tax can be complicated, and you are likely to have many questions. At any time, you can book a no-obligation consultation in which we can provide answers specific to your circumstances. For more general enquiries, however, feel free to browse our FAQs!
What does “chartered” mean?
A chartered accountant is an accountant who has studied accounting to a high level and completed three to five years' work experience, earning them a professional accreditation. Once qualified, a chartered accountant can join the ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) or another professional body.
While a regular accountant is generally capable of providing straightforward accountancy services, a chartered accountant can become a far more valuable asset to your business. Due to their in-depth expertise, chartered accountants can advise on specific business and financial matters, including corporate finance, cash-flow forecasting, forensic accounting, and advanced tax planning.
As chartered accountants in Leicester, Gower are proud to uphold the professional and ethical codes of the ACCA - and we are dedicated to using our chartered status to help Owner-Managed Businesses in as many ways as possible.
I already have an accountant, do I need to change?
Does your existing accountant offer you a pro-active, flexible service at an excellent rate? Are they easily contactable? Do they save you money, and help you to make profitable business decisions?
If so, then it sounds like you’ve got a keeper! However, if you answered no to any of the questions, or fancy exploring your options a bit, then please get in touch for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Not all accountants were created equal; some simply provide a better service, save you more money, and provide more advanced levels of business advice. If you’d like to see just how much an expert chartered accountant can benefit your Owner-Managed Business in Leicester, Gower is ready to show you.
Are you the right accountants for my business?
We understand that choosing an accountant for your business is not a small decision, and one that should not be taken lightly. You need an accountant that you can trust, who will get to know your business inside-out and will always operate in your best interests.
We’re not saying that we’re perfect for everyone - but we do have decades of experience working with Owner-Managed Businesses of all sizes, across a vast range of sectors. Once we partner up with someone, we take the time to understand their business, their needs, and their goals - and then we give it our all. This has granted us a reputation of which we are very proud.
The best way for you to see if we’re a good fit is to talk over the phone, or meet for a coffee - a free meeting, with no obligation. Let’s have a chat about how we can help your business.
I need help urgently! What can you do?
If you are experiencing an accounting emergency, we would kindly ask you not to panic. We can help!
Our Accounts Emergency corner has gotten more than a few Owner-Managed Businesses out of a tight jam. If your accounts are in a bit of a mess, or you’ve received a nasty letter from HMRC, or anything else, we’ll fast-track you and offer a quick solution.
What are the benefits of hiring an accountant?
There are many benefits to hiring a good accountant. In addition to keeping your books, managing your payroll, and keeping your accounts up to date, your accountant can actually help you to save money and boost the profitability of your business.
The main benefits of hiring a chartered accountant in Leicester include:
- Keeping you compliant - As an Owner-Managed Business, you are legally required to provide records of your accounts informatively, accurately, and consistently. There are a series of tax deadlines that must be met throughout the financial year, and if one of these is missed, it will result in a penalty.
As your trusted accountants, we can take care of everything, and thus guarantee that you remain in HMRC’s good books.
- Reducing your taxes - Knowledgeable accountants can find legitimate ways to keep your tax payouts as low as possible. Whether through government schemes, flat rate schemes, or expense claims, there are many ways of reducing the tax that most businesses don’t know about.
As tax experts, we can ensure that you never pay a penny more in tax than necessary.
- Making profitable business decisions - In order to make good business decisions, substantial knowledge of finance is often required. Without the knowledge of your business’s financial history, current state, and future forecast, your business could easily take a wrong turn.
By analysing your business’s finances and calculating logical forecasts, we can help to guide your business down the most profitable path.
Is it easy to change accountants?
If your current accountant isn’t providing the level of service you want, and you would like to move over to us, then the process couldn’t be simpler.
All it takes is just one letter from you, and then we take care of the rest. In most cases, your existing accountant cannot charge you for providing the standard handover information.
You seem to offer a lot, are your fees expensive?
We do indeed offer a wide range of accountancy services in Leicester - but our packages are tailored to match the specific needs of you and your business. We will never impose a service that you do not truly need.
Are we the cheapest accountants in Leicester? Probably not. But as far as value for money goes, we are confident that we cannot be beaten.
As with most things, the cheapest accountant is often the most expensive in the long run. Every penny that you spend with us will be applied with purpose, putting it to the best possible use - not just saving you money, but also increasing the profitability of your business.
As experienced, dedicated, highly-knowledgeable chartered accountants in Leicester, we provide a service that almost instantly repays itself in the value-added to your business.
Get in Touch!
Based on the outskirts of the city centre, Gower Accountancy is only a 5-minute walk from Leicester railway station which is easily accessible by public transport and we also provide ample parking for those who wish to visit by car.
Contact Gower Accountancy today to see how we can help you and your business: